Grants, Cost & Scholarships
- Each placement with the Snorri-Program costs approximately CAD 13,000 / USD 10,000. Apply for a Snorri-Foundation grant by marking the box on the application form. All accepted participants receive the grant if requested. The grant per participant usually covers more than half the cost.
Other Grants. You are encouraged to seek information on all grants that might support your participation in the Snorri Program. Contact your local Kiwanis, Lions or Rotary clubs. Make sure you contact your local INL or Icelandic club in your area. Participants have received a grant from the Canada-Iceland Foundation, ranging from CAD 150-250 (for Canadians only).
- You may also be eligible for a grant from the below organizations:
- The Icelandic National League of North America. They do not sponsor participants directly but to find an Icelandic club in your area please click here.
- The follwing clubs and chapters sponsor their members to participate in the Snorri Program (not Snorri West or Snorri Plus). This list may not be complete:
- Icelandic Canadian Club of Edmonton, Norðurljós
- Leif Eiriksson Icelandic Club of Calgary, Calgary
- Fargo-Moorhead Icelandic Klub
- Gimli Icelandic Canadian Society
- Stephan G. Stephanson Icelandic Society
- Icelandic Club of Greater Seattle, Seattle
- Icelandic Canadian Club of Toronto, Toronto
- Icelandic Canadian Frón, Winnipeg
Other foundations that sponsor Snorri participants:
- The Guttormsson Family Foundation started in 2012 and has generously contributed to our participants (Americans only). Please contact Rosemary Guttormsson for further information - email@example.com
- Sunna Olafson Furstenau and Jeff Furstenau started a foundation in 2015 to sponsor Snorri participants, Canadian and US citizens. Icelandic Roots sponsor participants who are NOT already able to get a scholarship from their home club. Please go to the Icelandic Roots website to find a scholarship link and or email Sunna@Icelandicroots.com